We visited Pachmarhi famously known as Satpura ki Rani (“Queen of Satpura”). It is a hill station in the Satpura Range of Madhya Pradesh, India. Some of the cave paintings here are estimated to be 10,000 years old.
A few popular places to visit are:
- Bee Waterfalls, also known as Jamuna Prapat frequented by tourists as a Bathing point. There are many more waterfalls and pools in Pachmarchi – Rajat Prapat (Silver Falls), Apsara Vihar (Fairy Pool), Irene Pool (discovered by Irene Bose, wife of Justice Vivian Bose), Jalawataran (Duchess Falls), Sunder Kund (Saunder’s Pool), Tridhara (Piccadily Circus), Vanshree Vihar (Pansy Pool)
- Dhupgarh, the highest point (1,352 m) in Central India – famous for Sunset point giving a enchanting view of the Satpura Range
- Priyadarshini – also known as Forsyth Point since it was discovered by Captain Forsyth in 1857
- Pandava Caves: Buddhist origin, but mythologically associated with Pandava brothers of Mahabharata. There many more caves with ancient cave paintings
- The Satpura National Park, constructed in 1981, is spread across 524 sq. km and has wide variety of animals (including tiger and leopard) and birds (including hornbills and peafowls)